Your Personal Information
This website is operated by Reposit Power Pty Limited ACN: 163 437 429 (Reposit power) under the domain name www.repositpower.com. This policy refers to all activities of Reposit power, and references to “us”, “we” and “our” in this policy are references to Reposit Power and its related bodies corporate, our contractors and agents.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) sets out Australian Privacy Principles and we are committed to upholding those Principles. The principles in this legislation are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is managed. Personal information is, generally, information or an opinion relating to an individual, which can be used to identify that individual.
Use of Personal Information
Reposit Power collects certain personal information in order to understand and meet the needs of customers and provide the products and services they require.
We may collect information on the following:
- Personal contacts of corporate clients or suppliers
- Applicants for employment with Reposit Power
- Other people who come into contact in the ordinary course of business
In general, Reposit power may use or disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- You tell us we can do this for a particular purpose
- We want to carry out a credit check to consider your credit worthiness
- Assessing a customers eligibility for our product and services
- To provide products and services to customers
- We need to do so to manage the provision of energy to you or it is a matter covered by our customer contract
- We want to recover money from you when you have not paid us, or if we want to list any payment defaults with a credit agency
- You are switching to another energy retailer or the network distribution service provider has requested the information where necessary to assist in resolving complaints on us or physical connection issues faced by you or the network distribution provider
- To maintain an opt-in newsletter database
- To communicate with contractors and suppliers
- To provide employment administration for Reposit Power employees
- To help manage and enhance our products and services, including by surveying customers on their current and future needs
- To consider applications for employment
- To comply with legal obligations
We also may use your personal information to promote and market products and services to you, including through electronic methods such as email and SMS (for example our opt-in newsletter). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease to acquire services from us.
We may also call or email you if you switch away to another Retailer in order to finalise your account and get your feedback, and if you owe us money we will use your personal information to recover money from you or if we need to take action in relation to a payment default.
If you do not want us to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers (through a particular means or any means) or you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter please call us on 1800 773 851 or email us at email@example.com.
Credit Agency Disclosure
We may give personal information about you to a credit-reporting agency, whether before, during or after the provision of credit to you, for the following purposes:
- To obtain a customer credit report about you
- To allow the credit-reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about you
The information we provide to a credit-reporting agency is limited to:
- Your name, sex, date of birth, current address and previous 2 addresses
- The name of your employer
- Your drivers license number
- The fact that you have applied for credit and the amount
- The fact that Reposit Power is a current or potential credit provider to you
- Information that, in our opinion, suggests you have committed a serious credit infringement (i.e. you have acted fraudulently, or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations)
- A cheque drawn by you has been dishonoured more than once
Sensitive information is information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
We will obtain your consent prior to collecting, using or disclosing your sensitive information, unless law requires the collection of the information.
Management of Personal Information
Reposit power has appropriate hardware and software technology, and organisation measures to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, up-to-date and secure.
We expect our employees and contractors who handle personal information to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and will take appropriate action in response to breaches of the obligations imposed by law. If we use external service providers we will seek organisations and individuals who also comply with these requirements, we do not accept responsibility for the misuse of personal information by these external parties.
Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) you may request access to and seek correction of your personal information held by (or on behalf of) Reposit Power. You can request access to and seek correction of your personal information held by us at the contact details below.
Depending on the personal information you seek you may be asked to complete the request in writing, verify your identity and if the inquiry involves extensive administration time or resources, to pay a fee. If the latter is the case we will advise the likely cost in advance to help refine your request if required.
Please note that in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you may be refused access to your personal information if providing access would be unlawful or would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals.
If you inform us of any inaccuracies we will consider any recommendation by you to change or correct information and advise you of any action taken.
Privacy concerns or complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the treatment of your personal information by us then please contact Reposit Power by using the contact details below.
The Company will promptly investigate your complaint and notify you of the outcome. If you are still not satisfied you can in some cases refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (Ph: 1300 363 992 or via the website www.oaic.gov.au).
- Phone: 1800 773 851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to this policy